February 26, 2015: PPSSPP 1.0.1 is out!
1.0 shipped with broken scrolling in the savestate list, that and a few other small bugs are now fixed in 1.0.1.
- Bugfixes like the save state scroll issue, cosmetic issues like overscroll
- Some cheat code bugfixes
- Adler32 and Mersenne Twister modules added (fixes some obscure games)
- Fix for Jak & Daxter slowdown
- Graphics hack for Phantasy Star Portable 2 for Direct3D9
- Fix compatibility with some PowerVR devices broken since v0.9.5-959-g4998044
Download PPSSPP 1.0.1!
Buy PPSSPP Gold 1.0.1!
February 1, 2015: 1.0!
Finally, 1.0 is out, with a ton of new improvements! Note that it can take a while for it to become available in the Play store, depending on your location and Google's datacenters.
Full improvements list:
- Many, many bug fixes in JIT and elsewhere, improving compatibility
- Proper fix for Zenfone and related devices
- Direct3D 9 supported as a rendering backend on Windows, helps on old GPUs and can be faster than OpenGL in many cases
- You can now create specific configs per game
- FPU rounding modes much better supported, fixes the Peace Walker boss that was undefeatable. NOTE: This breaks saves in Gods Eater - you must turn off the better rounding, load your save game, turn it on and save.
- The JIT now uses SSE on x86, improving speed considerably. This does not affect ARM devices, that's for the next version or two.
- Improved audio output code on both Windows and Android, reducing audio latency on Windows and on some Android systems
- FFMPEG upgraded, fixed some music hangs ("GHA phase shifts")
- Some Ad Hoc improvements, coldbird.net is now default adhoc server. Ad Hoc still unfinished and hard to use.
- Graphics fixes: Bezier/spline drawing fixes, vertex position fixes, DanganRonpa on Adreno fixed, flat shading fixed, vertex cache improved, some PowerVR blockiness issues fixed, screen scaling filter added, Google Cardboard support
- Simulate UMD speed better, fixing hangs in several games
- More Atrac3 fixes, fixing hangs
- Somewhat better disk full handling
- Fixes to dynamic unloading of code, fixing problems in GEB and TRM 2/3
- Updated to SDL2 where applicable (Linux, Mac)
- Some new features, like analog/dpad-swap hotkey, graphics hack for Phantasy Star, show last bit of debug log in dev tools, etc
- No more need for MSVCRT DLLs on Windows